We know. We’ve been there. Teaching, administration, admissions, advising. We’ve played the game. We know there’s a better way. No one should have to sacrifice quality curriculum and instruction for flexible scheduling and a Christian environment. We can have it all.
Missio Academy endeavors to equip students for personal, professional, and pedagogic advancement through high-quality online education in an uplifting, apostolic environment, ultimately for the purpose of advancing the Kingdom of God.
- God is the source of all that is existent on, beneath, and above the earth.
- We were placed on this earth for the purpose of glorifying God and advancing His Kingdom.
- The Kingdom of God is advanced through the anointed efforts of Spirit-filled believers.
- All Spirit-filled believers have a specific part to play in the advancement of the Kingdom of God.
- Educational institutions can be an essential part of the discovery and growth process needed to most effectively find and utilize one’s strengths to advance the Kingdom.
- Personal, professional, and pedagogic advancement, facilitated through quality education in an uplifting, apostolic environment, can provide access and opportunities to further advance the Kingdom.
Founders & Directors
Amber Aston – Administrative Director
- Bachelor of Arts in Early Childhood with an emphasis in Intervention Services – California Baptist University
- Master of Science in Education with an emphasis in International Education – California Baptist University
People know when Amber really believes in something. Whether for church, family, or work, Amber gives her all, and the world is a better place because of it. She has broad administrative experience, having served as Executive Assistant for Our Healthy Families and as Administrative Assistant for Riverside County Office of Education Training and Deployment department. Additionally, Amber was the Director of Admissions and Education Coordinator for Hope Corps, and she served in Academic and Admissions advisory roles, working with hundreds of students to assist them on their educational journey at Wilson University. Her extensive volunteer experience includes serving as School Administrator and Lead Instructor for a private Christian school in Central America for one year. In 2019, Amber left her position as University Registrar for Wilson University to serve full time as Administrative Director with Missio Academy.
Josiah Aston – Principal
- Bachelor of Arts in Music Education – Sacramento State University
- Master of Arts in Ministry – Hope International University (Wilson University)
- California Administrative Services Credential
- California Multiple-Subject Teaching Credential
- California Single-Subject Teaching Credential in Music
- Ed.D in Organizational Leadership – Grand Canyon University (In Progress/ABD)
Josiah’s life has been dedicated to the equipping and advancement of others. He began teaching piano lessons as a teenager, eager to share his passion for music and help others find beauty and success in their own musical pursuits. Josiah has served in the public school system as a music instructor for nine years. In addition to his work with disadvantaged youth, he has put in thousands of hours of volunteer service for his local church and church plants. He is currently the chair of the Visual and Performing Arts department of Foothill High School, and an adjunct professor with Wilson University.
Amber and Josiah are married and currently live in Elk Grove, CA with their two young children. They attend and are actively involved in their local church, The Rock Church of Elk Grove.
Chelsea Henderson – Board of Directors
Chelsea Henderson is the CEO of Skinbalm Apothecary LLC. Prior to managing her company full time she was a high school teacher and involved in other areas of education for ten years. She earned her graduate in learning and technology from Azusa Pacific University and her undergrad in American Sign Language from Siena Heights University. Chelsea enjoys concocting new products and blends, all while furthering her studies in herbalism. She enjoys helping others learn more about healthy living, business and entrepreneurship. She has two vivacious pups, a house full of plants, and a love for the outdoors. Chelsea and her husband attend First Pentecostal Church of North Little Rock pastored by Rev. Joel Holmes.
Pastor Joe Salas – Board of Directors
Joseph Salas began his journey in Christian education at Apostolic Christian Academy in Hutchinson, KS as a young child. For the past eleven years, he has worked in the field of higher education and has filled various roles in Student Services, the Registrar’s office, and Financial Aid. He has both a Bachelor’s and a Master’s Degree in Christian Ministry from Apostolic School of Theology and Hope International University. In 2018, Joe, along with his wife (Sarah) and daughter (Antonia) felt the call to the home mission’s field. They became the pastoral family of Apostolic Faith Tabernacle in Pratt, Kansas in the fall of that year. In the spring of 2019 he became the registrar of Pratt Community College. Joseph takes great satisfaction in knowing that his work in the field of education helps others better themselves in life. In his down time, he enjoys working around his house, yard, and cars.
Daniel Blash, Jr. – Board of Directors
Daniel Blash is a researcher of Behavior Neuroscience at Harvard Medical School. He is involved in two labs which study personality disorders and memory loss within individuals with neurodegenerative diseases (i.e., Alzheimer disease). He graduated with degrees in psychology and neuroscience and has pursued research in clinical psychology, cognitive science, neurobiology, and genomics. Daniel is an adventurer and will jump at any opportunity to travel. He serves as a resource for students who wish to pursue higher education at the undergraduate and graduate level.